Your brand is what connects potential customers with your product. It represents your company values, your personality, your visual foundation for your company. It’s more than just a pretty design, or a cute logo. Your brand and website should create connections with your ideal client or customer. It has a language all its own. It’s what draws customers to your product or services and helps them confidently choose you over the competition. Yep, it’s a big deal. So not focusing on your brand or website, is like leaving money on the table. But how do you know if it’s time to revamp your brand or your website. Here are some clues that it’s time for an update.
1. Your brand doesn’t reflect your company values or help you connect with your ideal clients. When you share your website or branding on social media, you’re not happy with it or your embarrassed about sending customers to your site. Your brand and online presence should help you connect with and book prospective clients. It should quickly hook customers and keep them exploring your site and eventually convince them to buy.
2. The inquiries that you are getting are not coming from your ideal customer or client. We all want to make money, no question. And sometimes we take a job, solely to create income. But imagine being able to attract your “ideal” client, the client that you are just dying to work with. Your brand and website should be able to connect with those people, instead of the “just need to make money” clients.
3. There are things about your website or brand that just are not working for your company. Maybe you love your brand, but it needs a bit of a refresh… updated colors or fonts. Maybe it just a needs a modern flare or updated spin on a brand that is working but has been part of your business for years. No need for change, just some simple tweaks. But there may be aspects of your website that are outdated, or new features that you would like to add. After all, technology is changing on the daily, if not hourly. People notice if you haven’t spent much time updating your online presence in a while. If it’s been more than a few years since you have updated your website, some simple additions are probably in your companies best interest. How often do you update your phone… or your computer? Your website is no exception, it needs updating at least every 3-4 years and possibly a complete overhaul if it hasn’t been touched for more than 5 years.
4. You’re ready to make more money!! I know, everyone wants that. But imagine a website or brand that can actually help you accomplish that goal. You only have a few seconds to grab customers attention online. You better make them count, or all those potential dollars go out the window. And frankly, who wants that? Making your website or brand a priority can help you financially in the long run.
5. And lastly, you’re ready to create a brand story that really speaks your language and your customers language, where the hero wins (which is not the business owner, but the customer). Wonder what that means? We would love to explain more about that process, but that’s a story for another day!